(Dis)abling Comics, "Cripping" the Comic Con, & Accessible Technologies
July 18, 2019
9:00am to 4:30pm Eastern Time
This webinar will feature Research Professor Diane Wiener discussing (Dis)abling Comic Books, an Honors seminar taught at Syracuse University, inspired by and based upon the disability-themed "Cripping" the Comic Con ("Crip Con", for short) the only international, interdisciplinary symposium of its kind.
Evaluating & Managing Accessibility in 3rd Party Web Content
September 19, 2019
10:00am to 12:00pm Eastern Time
Accessibility allows us to tap into everyone’s potential. – Debra Ruh
Your Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?→
- What is assistive technology?→
- Can you give me a business case for accessible technology?→
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.