Artificial Intelligence (AI) Fairness for Persons with Disabilities in Workplace Technologies
January 21, 2021
2:00pm to 3:30pm Eastern Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is changing workplaces, having advanced rapidly in recent years alongside innovations in big data, machine learning and computing power. This webinar will outline how AI-enabled technologies are being used in the workplace to screen job applicants, streamline application processes, provide training, support virtual / in-person communication and collaboration and more. AI is also powering exciting innovations in assistive technology for people with disabilities. While AI holds tremendous potential for both employers and employees to make workplaces more inclusive, it also carries risks for people with disabilities related to privacy, ethics, and bias. In this webinar, participants will learn about key AI fairness, employment policy, and usage challenges, as well as understand promising practices for responsible and inclusive implementation of AI-enabled workplace technologies.
Accessibility allows us to tap into everyone’s potential. – Debra Ruh
Your Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?→
- What is assistive technology?→
- Can you give me a business case for accessible technology?→
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.