Mobile Accessibility: Applying WCAG Standards to Mobile Apps
November 21, 2019
2:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern Time
Mobile applications are increasingly vital in daily life and over half of web traffic is with a mobile device. But, various barriers often prevent equal access for people with disabilities. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) is a globally recognized, universal standard centered around principles and success criteria to help make the web more accessible to everyone. The most recent version, WCAG 2.1, released in 2018, added criteria that specifically address accessibility for mobile users. In this webinar, learn about applying the WCAG and testing techniques to mobile apps in iOS and Android.
Return here soon for more information of upcoming webinars in November
Accessibility allows us to tap into everyone’s potential. – Debra Ruh
Your Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?→
- What is assistive technology?→
- Can you give me a business case for accessible technology?→
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.