Real Life Accessibility: Software versus Disability-Based User Accessibility (UX) Testing
July 21st, 2016. 1:00pm to 2:30pm Central Time
Accessibility testing software has been the traditional approach to measuring accessibility for websites and software. While it can be extremely helpful in determining some aspects of digital accessibility, many accessibility software manufacturers admit that their products often miss the mark in determining what is accessible to real users who live with disabilities. Applying a combination of accessibility testing software and using the skills of testers who live with disabilities can yield results that are much more representative of, and useful to, end users who live with disabilities.
Sue Ann Rodriquez WeCo Lead Accessibility Specialist
Lynn Wehrman WeCo President and Director of Accessibility Services
Please register online.
Your 5 Top FAQs
- What is the Status of the Section 508 Standards and Guidelines Refresh?
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?
- What is assistive technology?
- Increasing the accessibility of technology in your business
- How does accessible web design benefit all web users?
Search our site for more answers to your questions by entering keywords in the Search field below:
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.
Who We Serve
We serve all areas in the United States including U.S. territories.
- Provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Information Technology.
- Conduct outreach and region-wide dissemination of newsletters and materials to the business community.