Speaking the Same Language: Making Closed Captioning Work
September 15st, 2016. 1:00pm to 2:30pm Central Time
The low cost and ease of creating online video content have increased the prevalence of videos available to users online. While no one intentionally designs multimedia content to be inaccessible, multimedia content on the web today often lacks accurate captions. This webinar will explore the free and low-cost tools available to assist users with captioning online video content. Attendees will learn the basic technical components of how to create captions, the standard guidelines for formatting captions and how to use online tools to help streamline the captioning process.
Beth Lund Technology Accessibility Specialist, Ashford University
Please register online.
Your 5 Top FAQs
- What is the Status of the Section 508 Standards and Guidelines Refresh?
- What is accessible electronic & information technology?
- What is assistive technology?
- Increasing the accessibility of technology in your business
- How does accessible web design benefit all web users?
Search our site for more answers to your questions by entering keywords in the Search field below:
Accessible IT Makes Good Business Sense
- Smart companies understand that many of their customers and employees have evident and hidden sensory, learning, and physical impairments.
- Ensuring that employees, customers and consumers can participate equally in society promotes independence and empowerment.
- Providing employees with appropriate technology enhances productivity, improves morale and increases loyalty
- Removing barriers that prevent consumers from accessing products and services, through the use of accessible or assistive technology, ensures higher sales and increased revenue.
Who We Serve
We serve all areas in the United States including U.S. territories.
- Provide information, problem solving assistance, and referrals for implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Accessible Information Technology.
- Conduct outreach and region-wide dissemination of newsletters and materials to the business community.